Protecting Your Company's Interest in Confidential Business Data
In a post-industrial economy, a company's most valuable assets might well be customer lists, contract rights, proprietary software or analytic processes instead of more traditional equipment, fixtures and real estate. For reliable advice about the best ways to protect the value of your most important trade secrets and business information, contact the law firm of Bromberg Rosenthal LLC in Rockville.
With more than 20 years of experience advising small and mid-sized companies in Maryland, Northern Virginia and the District of Columbia, Bromberg Rosenthal advises employers and sole proprietors about negotiating, documenting, reviewing and enforcing so-called restrictive covenants in employment and consulting relationships.
Noncompete and Nonsolicitation Agreements for Many Business Interests
Trade secrets, noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements can also figure in the resolution of contract or employment disputes either as a way of avoiding litigation or as part of the negotiated settlement of a lawsuit. We advise client employers and business owners about the different uses of restrictive covenants in a wide variety of situations and commercial relationships:
- Noncompetition, nonsolicitation and trade secrets agreements executed at the time an employment relationship is created
- Similar agreements executed in consulting relationships, temporary employment engagements and independent contractor agreements
- Trade secrets or data confidentiality terms related to software licenses or end-user agreements
- Nondisclosure and confidentiality agreements related to the purchase or sale of a business
- Noncompete and nonsolicitation terms related to severance negotiations or the resolution of employment litigation
Trade secrets litigation can arise from a business sale, a current or prior employment relationship, or disputed terms under a severance agreement. A trade secrets claim can also figure as a counterclaim or cross-claim in broader contract or intellectual property litigation.
Maryland Noncompete Agreement Attorneys: Call 301-251-6200 or toll free 800-836-9994
Find out how your company can benefit from our experience with the use of contracts, civil litigation and injunctive relief to secure and enforce effective protection for your trade secrets and proprietary information. Contact the Maryland trade secrets lawyers of Bromberg Rosenthal LLC in Rockville for additional information.