With civil litigation forming a central part of our business practice since 1985, Bromberg Rosenthal LLC represents employers in workplace litigation across the full range of discrimination, harassment or compensation disputes. Our lawyers also represent businesses in workplace regulatory and enforcement proceedings initiated by state or federal agencies in Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Contact us in Rockville to learn about your options for resolving employer-employee problems both in and out of court.
Representing Employers in a Wide Range of Workplace Disputes
Our attorneys advise employers on litigation matters both as part of a general counsel relationship and as free-standing engagements for new clients. Examples of the kinds of cases we handle include (but are not limited to):
- Employment discrimination claims based on age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual harassment claims
- Alleged violations of family medical leave or pregnancy leave rights
- Wage and hour issues, commission disputes, unpaid overtime and exempt employee misclassification claims
- Workplace safety disputes and OSHA inspections
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act claims related to notice of layoffs or plant closings
- Wrongful termination and retaliatory termination claims
- Whistleblower litigation when an employee who reports alleged misconduct is fired or otherwise subject to adverse employer action
We'll use our extensive experience to help you resolve these matters as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. We know you'll appreciate our commitment to outstanding client service and our comprehensive knowledge of business law. In addition to litigating such disputes, we can also assist with private or internal investigations of discrimination or sexual harassment complaints.
Contracts and Agreements
Clear, accurate and enforceable contracts are crucial to the success of a business. And yet, despite all efforts to avoid disputes, they do occur. Our firm can assist you with such disputes, including:
- Enforcement of executive or professional employment contracts
- Severance negotiations or enforcement of severance agreements
- Enforcement or defense of claims related to non-compete or nonsolicitation agreements
In all employment litigation cases, we'll explain your options for resolving the problem through negotiation, severance, mediation or litigation. Our objective is not to force an employer into trial, but to achieve the quickest and most cost-effective solution available consistent with our client's immediate goals and long-range interests.
Let Our Firm Resolve Your Employment Disputes
For additional information about our approach to client service in workplace disputes, contact the employment litigation attorneys of Bromberg Rosenthal LLC. Call 301-251-6200 today to discuss your legal needs.