Maryland Lawyers for the Employer in Workplace Disputes
With civil litigation forming a central part of our business practice for the last 20 years, Bromberg Rosenthal LLP represents employers in workplace litigation across the full range of discrimination, harassment or compensation disputes. We also represent businesses in workplace regulatory and enforcement proceedings initiated by state or federal agencies in Maryland and Northern Virginia. Contact us in Rockville to learn about your options for resolving employer-employee problems both in and out of court.
Resolving Employment Disputes in the Washington, D.C. Metro Area
Our lawyers advise employers on litigation matters both as part of a general counsel relationship and as free-standing engagements for new clients. Examples of the kinds of cases we handle include:
- Wrongful termination and retaliatory termination claims
- Employment discrimination claims based on age, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or sexual orientation
- Sexual harassment
- Private or internal investigations of discrimination or sexual harassment complaints
- Alleged violations of family medical leave or pregnancy leave rights
- Wage and hour issues, unpaid overtime or exempt employee misclassification claims
- Sales commission disputes
- Workplace safety disputes and OSHA inspections
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act claims related to notice of layoffs or plant closings
- Whistleblower litigation when an employee who reports alleged misconduct is fired or otherwise subject to adverse employer action
- Enforcement of executive or professional employment contracts
- Severance negotiations or enforcement of severance agreements
- Enforcement or defense of claims related to noncompete or nonsolicitation agreements
We'll explain your options for resolving the problem through negotiation, severance, mediation or litigation. Our objective is not to force an employer into trial, but to achieve the quickest and most cost-effective solution available consistent with our client's immediate goals and long-range interests.
For additional information about our approach to client service in workplace disputes in the Washington metro area, contact the Montgomery County employment litigation attorneys of Bromberg Rosenthal LLP.